You may want to prepare a few items for yourself to use during the service if you are getting ready to attend a cremation service in Baltimore, MD, for a member of your family or to support a friend who lost a loved one. Carrying a purse makes things much simpler. But some of these items can also fit in the pockets of guys. To make sure you have all the necessary things you need, consider the following suggestions.
- Tissues – The funeral home provides tissues, but it’s helpful to bring your own in case you get stuck in a fit and cannot leave or want to give some to a neighbor who might be in need. When attending a service that can result in tears, runny noses, or other things that call for tissues, it’s just a staple everyone should carry.
- Lip balm - If you’re emotional, drink alcohol, or talk to friends a lot after the service, your lips could become chapped. You want to be as comfortable as you can be. It’s convenient to have lip balm available so you can moisten your lips and carry on with the activity.
- Hand sanitizers – During the service, you might shake a lot of hands and touch a lot of chairs and other objects. The reception, where cookies, sandwiches, and other food are offered, is where you can go next. While you could always go the restroom to wash your hands, a short dab of hand sanitizer can be sufficient to give you the peace of mind that you aren’t spreading too many germs.
- Family portraits - Following the cremation service and before the reception starts, it’s time for individuals to reconnect. You may talk to folks you would never otherwise get to meet; they may have attended your wedding but have never met your children. Having a few recent family photos is nice in case anyone wants to see what you’ve been up to in the past few years.
- Cards of condolence - If you are standing by a buddy, going to the cremation service is such a beautiful gesture. However, you can also bring a card to let them know that you attended the ceremony and would still be available for them after that. Simply express your condolences for their loss on the card. If you feel so moved, you may also include a check for a charity or memorial.
There are other items you might think about bringing to cremation services but don’t go overboard with a bag that is so big you could spend the entire weekend away with it. Even though the service won’t last long, having a few necessities is helpful. The experts at cremation services in Baltimore, MD can offer you ideas and suggestions for items people frequently use during cremation services if you want additional information on this subject. Now that you know what are the important things to bring to a cremation service, you can now go without having any doubt.